At The Old Antique and Curiosity Shop, whether you visit us online by using www.oldantiquecuriosityshop.co.uk (Site) or in – store, we may ask you to provide certain information.
The information you provide will enable us to process your purchase transactions, to respond to enquiries, send email marketing where consent has been provided and to make our website easier for you to use.
You can be assured we value your privacy, are committed to safeguarding your data and that it will be handled carefully and lawfully and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
What personal data do we collect?
- Your full name, contact details, address, order history and IP address.
- We store no financial data, such as payment card details. These are handled by our payment processing provider, Stripe.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
Collection of customers’ personal data is necessary for:
- Fulfilling our duties under a contract for the sale of goods and services.
- Responding to customer queries and complaints.
- Promoting and advertising our products and services.
How is Persona l Data Collected?
Customers and visitors provide personally identifiable information when making a purchase or an enquiry, as outlined above. This might take place in person, over the telephone or by email.
This occurs online when a customer completes the checkout process, registers for an account or makes an enquiry.
With Whom Is Personal Data Shared?
The Old Antique and Curiosity Shop will not sell or rent your data to any other organisation.
We will not share your personal data with any third party, except when providing certain services, such as deliveries, that require us to share relevant data with our service partners.
- Delivery companies (when applicable)
- I.T. third parties (such as payment processing providers)
- When required by law, we may share your data with credit reference agencies, governmental bodies, law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts / tribunals, and insurers.
Cookies are small text files, downloaded from websites to your computer or smartphone as you browse and use the Internet.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, to block cookies and to enable you to delete cookies. However, doing this may have a negative impact on the way you can use the Site.